Liverpool v West Ham - Fascinating Facts
West Ham head off to Anfield this weekend for a Premier League fixture against Liverpool.
But what do the record and form books tell us to expect in relation to a result?
Here at Vital West Ham we`ve delved into the record and form books to bring a few fascinating facts.
• West Ham, on their last 3 trips to Anfield, in all competitions, are unbeaten.
• However, the above fact somewhat masks the truth, the last 48 games have, in fact yielded just the 1 win, with the Hammers losing 33 and drawing 14 of the others. The win, incidentally, came in August 2015.
• When it comes to defeats in the top-flight, West Ham United really have no affection for the two Merseyside clubs with the Hammers losing 60 times to Liverpool and 61 times to Everton, the Hammers most defeats against any top-flight clubs.
• Liverpool hold the upper hand in the last two meetings, winning the last 2 games 4-0 and 4-1.
• Last time out, against Watford, the Hammers kept their first clean-sheet in 9 league games.
• West Ham won their last game 2-0, they`ve not won successive Premier League games for 13 months.
• In 14 games against Liverpool, at Anfield, David Moyes has yet to register a win, drawing 7 and losing 7.
• Javier Hernandez has scored in each of his last 2 games for West Ham, if he scores in this fixture it will be the first time the Mexican has ever scored in 3 successive Premier League games.