West Ham v Brighton - Fascinating Facts
Ahead of the intriguing clash at the London Stadium tonight, between West Ham United and Brighton, we`ve delved into the record and form books to come up with a raft of fascinating facts for you.
• In seven games between the two sides, on Hammers soil, West Ham have the upper hand, winning 4, drawing 2 and losing 1.
• That defeat came when both clubs were in the Championship and Brighton won 1-0 in November 2004.
• The two sides have not met in the league since the 2011 / 2012 season, once again both sides were in the Championship, West Ham won both encounters winning the home fixture by a score-line of 6-0.
• The Hammers enjoy playing on a Friday, on the two previous occasions they`ve been forced to play on a Friday they`ve won, beating Coventry back in December 1997 and, of course, Tottenham in May 2017.
• West Ham have managed 9 league wins at the London Stadium, 7 have been by a 1-0 score-line.
• The last 7 Premier League home games played at the London Stadium have seen West Ham keep 5 clean-sheets
• Since Slaven Bilic took over the managerial role at West Ham, the Hammers have had 12 red cards in the Premier League, that`s 3 more than any other side during the same period of time.
• This could be a game of second half goals, West Ham have scored 75% of their league goals in the second half whilst Brighton have scored 83% of theirs.
• Brighton arrive at the London Stadium having failed to win a league or cup game away from home this season.
• Away from home, Brighton have managed just 1 goal this season.