West Ham v Bolton EFL Cup 3rd Round - Fascinating Facts
Ahead of our League Cup 3rd round tie against Bolton Wanderers, at the London Stadium, we`ve taken the opportunity to delve into the record and form books to come up with some fascinating facts.
• The record books show that the two sides have met in the League Cup on 5 occasions, West Ham United won the first 2 ties but Bolton Wanderers have won the 3 since.
• The last meeting between the two sides was in the 3rd round of the League Cup, just like tonight, back in the 2009 / 2010 season, when Bolton Wanderers emerged victorious after extra-time.
• When it comes to the Hammers playing teams from lower leagues in the cup, West Ham have the upper hand winning 5 of the last 6 games, the only defeat coming when they were beaten by Sheffield United on penalties back in August 2014.
• The Hammers have played 2 EFL Cup matches at the London Stadium, since leaving the Boleyn Ground, they`ve won both, a 1-0 win against Accrington and a 2-1 win over Chelsea, both coming last season.
• Bolton Wanderers, when it comes to playing in the League Cup, against Premier League clubs, have lost 3 out of their last 4 ties, all of those 3 defeats have come on trips to London.