Sunderland 2 West Ham 2 - Post-Match Fascinating Facts
It was disappointing to lose two points late on, at the Stadium of Light, yesterday.
Following the game we took the opportunity to dig deep into the record and form books to come up with a few interesting facts.
• In conceding that late equaliser, courtesy of a goal from Fabio Borini, it means that West Ham United have thrown away 22 points from winning positions. No other team in the Premier League can match this unwanted statistic.
• When it comes to away games in the Premier League, West Ham United have now gone 13 games without keeping a clean-sheet.
• Sunderland`s recent form is nothing to be proud of, the Black Cats have not won any of their last 8 Premier League games, drawing 2 and losing 6.
• The first goal Sunderland scored, with Wahbi Khazri scoring direct from a corner, was the first goal scored in that manner since Ben Watson scored for Watford, in a similar fashion against Manchester City in January 2016.
• The late equaliser, scored by Fabio Borini, was only the Italian`s second Premier League goal of the season, his other, strangely enough, also came in the 90th minute.
• When Sam Byram picked up that second yellow card and was shown a red-card, he became the 5th West Ham player to be sent-off this season, no other side has had as many red-cards as West Ham United have done in the Premier league this season.